Curriculum VitaeSelected Scientific PapersScientific DiffusionHigher Education ReformLectures at College de France
Download here the curriculum vitae as a .PDF file.
Present position: Full Professor, Instituto de Física,
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, since 1994; Director, Brazilian
Academy of Sciences, since 2007.
Address: Instituto de Física, Universidade Federal
do Rio de Janeiro, Cx. P. 68528 – 21941-972
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, BRAZIL. E-mail: email@example.com.
Home page: www.if.ufrj.br/~ldavid
Personal Data: Born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on June
25, 1946. Brazilian citizen. Married, four children.
Academic Training and Degrees: Ph. D. University of
Brazilian National Prize of Science Admiral Alvaro Alberto (2010).
Tamandare Medal awarded by the Brazilian Navy (2010).
Fellow of the Optical Society of America.
Fellow of the American Physical Society.
Foreign Associate of the National Academy of Sciences (USA).
Member of the Third World Academy of Sciences (new name: Academy of Sciences for the Developing World).
2001 Physics Prize of the Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS).
Grand-Cross of the National Order of Scientific Merit, Brazil (2000).
Member of the Brazilian National Academy of Sciences.
Fellow 1A of the Brazilian National Research Council (CNPq)
Supervision of Theses
22 Ph. D. and 14 M. Sc. theses
- President of the Brazilian
Academy of Sciences, since 2016
- Member of the Executive Board of the Brazilian
Academy of Sciences, since 2004
- Member of the Brazilian National Council for Science and Technology , since 2010
- Member of the Board of the InterAcademy Council (IAC), 2011-2014
- Member of the Executive Board of the International Council for Science (ICSU), 2011-2014
- Member of the Higher Council of FAPERJ (Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado do Rio de Janeiro), since 2014
- Member of the Higher Council of CAPES (Ministry of Education), 2008 - 2014
- Councilor of the Brazilian
Physical Society, 1997 - 2001, 2003 - 2007, and 2009 - 2013
- Secretary-General of the 4th. Brazilian National Conference on Science, Technology, and Innovation for a Sustainable Development, Brasilia, Brazil, May 2010
- Member of the Deliberative Council of the Brazilian
National Research Council (CNPq), from 2005 to 2009
- Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (January 2008 - December 2011)
- Member of the Editorial Board of Physical Review A (January 2005
- December 2009)
- Member of the Editorial Board of New Journal of Physics, since 2015
- Chairman of the Administrative Council of IMPA (Instituto de Matemática Pura e Aplicada), since 2014
- Associate Editor of the Annals
of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences, 2003 - 2007
- Member of the Editorial Board of Editora
UNICAMP, 2003 - 2004
- Head of the Brazilian
Millenium Institute for Quantum Information, from December 2001 to April 2006
- Member of the Advisory Editorial Board of Optics Communications (1994
- 2000) and Journal of Optics B: Quantum and Semiclassical Optics (1998
- Member of the Physics Committee of the Brazilian
National Research Council, 1988 - 1989 and 1998 - 2000
- Secretary General of the Brazilian
Physical Society, 1981 - 1983
Last modified August/2016